This giving season, we’ve partnered with our friends over at Rise Against Hunger to bring you two unique bracelets that contribute to a GREAT cause! 5% of the purchase price from each of our bracelets in the Rise Against Hunger Collection (which come in two unique styles!) will go straight to Rise Against Hunger.
Rise Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that aims to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies. They provide immediate nourishment for those facing hunger, and implement sustainable solutions that will lift communities for years to come.
Rise Against Hunger has facilitated volunteer meal packaging of more than 540 million meals to be distributed to countries around the world, and this year, our team here at PV had the privilege of helping out! Check out some BTS below:
Did you know?
- As many as 828 MILLION people in the world are facing hunger. That’s about 10% of the entire population…
- According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, around 2.3 BILLION people face moderate or severe food insecurity, meaning they don’t have regular access to the nutritious food they need to live a healthy life.
- Rates of hunger and food insecurity are actually on the rise. The effects of conflict, climate change, and the COVID-19 pandemic are all major contributors to malnutrition and hunger around the world.
What is Rise Against Hunger doing about this?
- Rise Against Hunger has facilitated the packaging of over 540 million highly nutritious meals since the launch of their meal packaging program in 2005.
- These meals are comprised of rice, soy, dehydrated vegetables and 20 essential vitamins and minerals. In the past year alone, Rise Against Hunger has impacted over 2.7 million lives in 29 countries around the world.
(Rise Against Hunger, Sources: Food and Agriculture Organization, World Food Program)
Want to help? Check out our Rise Against Hunger Collection and help contribute to real change!